If you’re looking to step up your game and swing like a pro, batting gloves will be a necessary investment. Fortunately, even the most high-quality batting gloves are rarely expensive. There’s a number of reasons why you will want to pick up a pair of batting gloves.
For starters, batting gloves will improve your grip on the bat, meaning greater control and accuracy. They can help prevent the buildup of sweat and moisture, ensuring that your bat will never slip or slide around in your hands while making hard hits. Batting gloves are also essential for increasing comfort, as they prevent blisters and in general, help to support the hands.
Players using batting gloves for the first time will immediately notice the difference they make in your grip, comfort, and overall confidence. So what batting gloves should you buy? Take a look through our comprehensive list of the best batting gloves you’ll find on the market today to find a pair that is right for you.
Here are the best softball batting gloves available today:
1. Jennie Finch Batting Gloves
If you’re looking to buy a pair of the best softball batting gloves on the market, look no further than the signature glove series of legendary American softball pitcher Jennie Lynn Finch. That’s because these are the batting gloves that help Finch become an Olympic medal winning, two-time pro All Star player. So what makes these gloves so special?
For starters, the Mizuno Finch gloves come with a palm and backhand that are constructed with premium leather, which not only makes them extremely durable, but also improves grip, and creates a much more comfortable experience overall. These gloves also use a stretchy, lightweight fabric, letting these gloves accommodate the natural movements of your hand. Never again worry about sweaty hands, blisters, or bat slippage with the Mizuno Jennie Finch Batting Gloves.
Want to learn more about these gloves? Read our full review of the Mizuno Jennie Finch Batting Gloves here.
- Compression molded neoprene wristband offers superior support and a custom fit.
- Crafted specifically for the female hand.
- Come in a wide variety of color schemes.
- Signature glove of softball legend Jennie Lynn Finch.
- Crafted from premium leather
- Highly durable for long-term use.
- Super soft palm feel.
- Best-in-class performance.
2. Easton VRS Batting Gloves
These elite batting gloves have quickly become to the #1 New Release glove of the year. That’s because the Easton VRS Batting Gloves take advantage of a number of new and exciting technologies that help eliminate negative vibrations, prevent blisters, support the hand’s hamate bone, and more. These batting gloves can also be used in softball and baseball leagues.
For starters, the Easton VRS use a special palm pad to keep your hands fresh, blister free, and comfortable when receiving high-impact balls. And with tacky goatskin leather, the palms of these gloves, these gloves don’t just give you an incredibly firm grip, but will last years of intensive use. These gloves also use a Power Boost heel pad, supporting the hand’s hamate bone, improving precision and comfort. These batting gloves also come at an extremely low price, especially considering the high level of performance they offer.
Want to learn why these gloves are getting 5-star, rave-reviews from customers? Read our full review of the Easton VRS Batting Gloves here.
- #1 New Release glove of 2020.
- Wrist band made from 40mm (or 30mm on youth gloves) molded neoprene for a custom fit.
- Tacky goatskin leather palm improves grip and durability.
- Youth and adult sizes.
- Perfect for softball and baseball.
- VRS palm pad helps to eliminate negative vibrations and stops blisters from forming.
- Power Boost heel pad offers hamate bone support.
- Economical pricing.
- Won’t go out of shape with intensive use.
- Flexible Lycra and fused
3. Rawlings Workhorse Batting Gloves
These batting gloves by Rawlings are a great option for players looking for high-quality at an economic price. With their consistent five-star reviews from players, these gloves have even been named an “Amazon’s Choice” pick. Players are quick to note the durability of these gloves, which are constructed for year-after-year use without succumbing to wear-and-tear or going out of shape.
With their Oiltac leather build, a Dura plus palm pad, and Dynamic Fit System, the Rawling Workhorse batting gloves offer superior support, prevent blisters, and keep players comfortable throughout long-hours of play. That’s because these gloves fit closely to the hand’s contours for a close-to-the-bat feel. The wrist closure of these gloves are also expertly designed to prevent slippage even when the hands get sweaty and moist.
Want to read our comprehensive overview of these gloves? Check out of full review of the Rawlings Workhorse Batting Gloves.
- Dynamic Fit System for superior comfort.
- Oiltac leather build ensures long-lasting performance.
- Prevent blisters.
- “Amazon’s Choice” pick.
- Consistent five-star reviews from customers.
- Economic pricing.
- Designed for adult use.
- Fit snugly against the hand, molding to your specific curves and contours.
- Come in a wide variety of color options.
- Reinforces adjustable elastic wrist closure.
4. David Ortiz Batting Gloves
Looking for best-in-class batting gloves? You can’t do much better than batting legend David Ortiz’s signature series of gloves. While Ortiz was a baseball player, batting gloves function the same for both softball and baseball, meaning you can confidently use these Franklins no matter what game you’re playing.
These gloves provide an impressive combination of superior grip, comfort, and year-after-year durability. This is owned to the one-piece design of these gloves, which are crafted out of Pittards Digital Sheepskin leather. With floating thumb technology, these gloves offer players flexibility and a close, comfortable fit. This pliability is further aided by Tectonic insert technology.
On the back of these gloves you’ll also find a Neoprene bridge, which permits a serious amount of flex. And with an adjustable wrist closure, these gloves always give a custom-feeling fit.
Want to learn more about what makes these gloves so special? Read our full review of the David Ortiz Batting Gloves.
- Signature batting gloves of legendary player David Ortiz.
- Elite gloves that can be used to compete in professional-level leagues.
- One-piece, seamless design.
- Palm designed out of Pittards Digital Sheepskin leather.
- Floating thumb technology provides ultimate comfort and fit.
- Tectonic insert for more pliability.
- Neoprene bridge on the back.
- Designed with a quad-flex crease.
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit.
- 90-day manufacturers warranty.
5. Franklin Pro Classic Batting Gloves
The Franklin Pro Classic batting gloves are another fantastic option for players who need a high-quality, but more economically priced option. Whether you’re a softball player, or a baseball player, these gloves will give you the comfort, support, and durability you need. In fact, these Franklin gloves were literally created to be the very first official Major League Baseball batting gloves. They’ve remained a favorite among players of all stripes ever since.
Constructed from premium leather, these batting gloves are extremely comfortable, and are built to last throughout heavy use. The Franklin Pro Classic Batting gloves are also designed to provide support, while ensuring that your hands never feel distanced from the bat. Whether you’re a youth player, or an adult, this glove comes in a size—and color—for you.
Want to read more about what makes these batting gloves a great pick? Take a look at our comprehensive review of the Franklin Pro Classic batting gloves.
- Combines high-quality with a low-price point to offer players great value.
- Premium leather build gives these gloves an elite feel.
- Extremely durable for long-term use.
- Designed to withstand wear and tear despite heavy use.
- Protect and supports hands while allowing you a close-to-the-bat feel.
- Comes in sizes to fit both youth and adult players.
- Wide range of color options allows players to match their gloves to their bat and uniform.
6. Franklin Neo Classic 2 Batting Gloves
These batting gloves are designed for amateur players who are looking to give their game a boost, and improve batting comfort, but who aren’t at the level yet where they need elite quality. The Franklin Neo Classic 2 batting gloves come at a great value, and incorporate a number of technologies that lend them a more professional feel, even if they’re not quite professional level.
For starters, these batting gloves are constructed using Pittards Digital Sheepskin leather, which means superior grip and comfort, while also protecting against wear-and-tear. This type of leather is also what helps these gloves last multiple seasons of use without going out of shape or tearing. With floating thumb technology, the Franklin Neo Classic 2 gloves also easily adapt to a wide variety of hand shapes and sizes. This technology also contributes to the flexibility of these gloves, which provide a custom-feeling fit for every player.
Another fantastic aspect of these gloves is that they do not use seams—using a one-piece design instead—which means more comfort, greater tactility, and again, lots of durability. With lots of colors to choose from, these batting gloves also make for a stylish addition to players’ uniforms.
Interested in learning what else these gloves have to offer? Read our full review of the Franklin Neo Classic 2 batting gloves here.
- Combination between high-quality and affordability means these gloves come at a great value.
- Floating thumb technology gives these gloves flexibility, comfort, and a custom-feeling fit.
- Extreme durability for multiple-seasons of use.
- Pittards Digital Sheepskin leather provides superior grip and comfort.
- Lots of color options to match with all uniforms.
- Quad-flex creasing to prevent glove-bunching.
- One-piece design eliminates seams for greater performance, comfort, and durability.
7. Nike MVP Elite Batting Gloves
These gloves are a top-quality option for elite players who are looking to compete professionally, or who have professional ambitions. With a smooth, sheepskin leather design, the Nike MVP Elite batting gloves are extremely comfortable, durable, and offer the ultimate grip. If you are a player that spends a lot of time on the diamond, these gloves will let you compete over-and-over again without ever wearing out.
With a one-piece design, the MVP Elite gloves are completely seamless, which translates into a much more comfortable experience, longer-lasting durability, and prevents tearing. These batting gloves also take advantage of mesh gussets on their knuckles and thumb, which creates ventilation and prevents the build up of sweat and moisture. Finally, with an articulated wrist strap, players can adjust the MVP Elite gloves easily, and enjoy a custom-feeling fit.
Want to take a deeper-dive into the features of this great batting glove? Read our comprehensive review of the Nike MVP Elite batting gloves here.
- Elite batting gloves that can be used all the way up to the professional leaves.
- Created to be used in both softball, and baseball.
- Superior comfort that prevents blisters and sore hands.
- Extreme durability prevents these gloves from going out of shape, or tearing.
- One-piece design eliminates the need for seams.
- Smooth Sheepskin leather palm.
- Mesh gussets sit over the thumb and knuckles permitting airflow.
- Articulated wrist strap lets players adjust these gloves to fit the shape of their hand.
8. Franklin CFX Pro Batting Gloves
These batting gloves have stood the test of time as a popular, and highly acclaimed glove that is part of Franklin’s Pro series. As we previously mentioned, the Franklin Pro series gloves were designed to be used as the first official gloves of Major League Baseball. However, these gloves function equally as well in softball play, as batting gloves serve the same function in both games. If you’re still in doubt, consider that these gloves are currently the official batting gloves of USA softball.
This CFX version of the Franklin Pro batting gloves are specifically female designed, and are intended for use in fastpitch softball play. If you’re a professional player, or highly competitive with professional ambitions, these gloves are a fantastic option for you.
Crafted out of premium leather, these batting gloves are extremely comfortable, durable, and high-performing. They’re also designed to prevent sweat and moisture buildup, so your hands are always cool and dry.
Want to learn more about what makes these gloves the choice pick for USA softball? Read our comprehensive overview of the Franklin CFX Pro batting gloves here.
- Official batting gloves of USA softball.
- Intended for competitive and/or professional use.
- Popular and highly acclaimed glove series.
- Great glove for both softball and baseball use.
- Premium leather build.
- Durable for year-after-year use.
- Prevents sweat and moisture build up.
9. Marucci Elite
The Marucci Elite batting gloves are a 2014 model that are still widely used today due to their high-quality build and superior performance. These gloves are also capable of being used in both softball and baseball. If you have any doubts about the quality and performance of these gloves, just consider that they were designed with the oversight of legendary player José Bautista.
These batting gloves are crafted with a Big League Grip, which means ultimate control, grip, and prevents the bat from slipping. Constructed with cabretta leather, the Marucci Elite batting gloves have an incredibly smooth feel, further assisting in grip and control, and contributing to their supreme durability.
Proudly engineered, designed, and produced right here in the United States, despite being a 2014 model, these premium batting gloves are still some of the best you’ll find on the market today.
Want to learn more about what makes these gloves so great? Read our full review of the Marucci Elite batting gloves here.
- Batting gloves designed with the oversight of legendary batter José Bautista.
- Can be used in both baseball and softball leagues.
- Big League Grip creates ultimate grip and control.
- Super smooth feel.
- Cabretta leather build.
- Engineered and manufactured right here in the U.S.A.
- Comes in a wide array of color choices.
How to choose the right size of batting gloves:
Finding the right measurement for batting gloves is easy. That’s because unlike gloves that are used for defensive play, batting gloves normally just come in standardized sizing like small, medium, and large. To determine what size your hands are, simply measure from the tip of your longest finger, down to the bottom of your palm.
While many companies will offer their own sizing chart, which you should always consult first, if there is no sizing chart available, follow our guide below.
These are the sizes you’ll want to buy based on the measurements of your hand.
6 – 6.25 inches – Youth small
6.25 – 6.5 – Women’s extra-small/Youth medium
6.5 – 6.75 – Men’s extra-small/Women’s small/Youth large
6.75 – 7 – Men’s small/ Women’s medium/Youth extra-large
7 – 7.25 – Men’s medium/Women’s large
7.25 – 7.75 – Men’s large/Women’s extra-large
7.75 – 8 – Men’s extra-large