While infielder gloves are often interchangeable, especially at less competitive levels, if you’re looking to play at the highest levels and max out your game as a pitcher, it’s important to find the right glove. Pitchers gloves are typically the lightest and most comfortable glove on the field. Most pitchers also opt for a close-webbed glove, so that players on the other team can’t sneak a peak at what their fingers are doing inside the glove before the pitch.
If you’re looking to improve your game with a glove that’s optimized for pitchers, try any of these three fantastic gloves.
Best fastpitch softball glove for pitchers:
1. Wilson A2000 Superskin WTA20RF19FP12SS
- Infield/Pitcher model; dual post web; fast pitch-specific WTA20RF19FP12SS
- Comfort Velcro wrist closure for a secure and comfortable fit
- Honeycomb cell padding creates no sting catch zone
- White SuperSkin, twice as strong as regular leather, but half the weight
The Wilson A2000 Superskin is a high caliber glove that is designed to allow athletes to perfom at the top of their game. This glove takes advantage of Wilson’s signature pro-stock + SuperSkin technology for ultimate comfort and fit. The A2000 includes a Honeycomb padding design that helps to eliminate hand sting upon impact, and the Wilson’s Custom Fit System, which allows this glove to adapt to the shape of your unique hand. If you take care of this glove properly, it will remain a high performing glove for years to come, and is regarded as one of the most durable gloves available. This is a great glove for pitchers, and really any infield position.
Features of the Wilson A2000 Superskin WTA20RF19FP12SS:
- 12 inches.
- Designed with a rugged dual post web.
- Non-slip pull wrist strap.
- Pro-stock + SuperSkin technology
- Wilson’s Custom Fit System for optimal fit and feel.
- Honeycomb patting to help eliminate hand sting.
What players are saying:
2. Mizuno Franchise 12.5 Inch GFN1250F2 Fastpitch Softball Glove
The Mizuno Franchise glove is crafted with a 100% genuine leather shell, with a Hi-Low lacing system to elevate the glove’s flex within the web, while the outer structure of the glove remains durable and long-lasting. This is one of the most popular glove series from Mizuno, and it’s easy to see why. This glove is built with ParaShock and PalmSoft technologies, and a ParaShock Plus palm pad with an Ortholite Core to provide the ultimate comfort and help eliminate hand sting upon the ball’s impact.
This glove also incorporates Mizuno’s new adjustable wrist closure that allows for a custom fit, no matter what size hand you have. And finally, with PlamSoft lining on the inside of the glove, the Mizuno Franchise offers maximum comfort.
Features of the Mizuno Franchise Softball Glove:
- 100% genuine leather outer shell.
- Designed with a Hi-Low lacing system for maximum web flex.
- Closed back design.
- Adjustable velcro wrist closure system to custom fit any sized hand.
- Made with PalmSoft lining on the inside for maximum comfort
- Crafted with a ParaShocl Palm Pad for comfort and to reduce hand sting upon impact.
- Built with a Tartan X Web
- Incorporates an Ortholite Core for more comfort and reduced hand sting.
- Free Shipping.
- 12.5 Inch Pattern
What players are saying:
3. Mizuno MVP Prime SE Gloves:
The Mizuno MVP Prime is a comfortable, effective, well-padded and highly responsive design by one of the most trusted glove brands on the market.
This glove is designed with a pocket that naturally centers itself under the index finger. The MVP Prime can easily be broken in, and formed according to the unique contours of your hand. And with bio soft leather, this glove offers ultimate comfort and feel, perfect for pitchers who require comfort and control above everything.
The MVP Prime also incorporates patent-pending Heel Flex technology to elevate the flexibility in the heel of the glove, making it extremely responsive to the hand, and natural feeling. On the inside of this glove, Mizuno has incorporated its ultra soft palm liner, for additional comfort.
Features of the Mizuno MVP Prime SE Glove:
- Designed with a centered pocket beneath the index finger for an easy break-in and ultimate feel.
- Red and navy blue colorway.
- Easy to break in.
- Extremely durable lace design.
- Incorporates patent-pending Heel Flex technology for ultimate flex and responsiveness in the glove’s heel.
- Ultra soft palm liner on the inside of the glove.
- Made with bio soft leather for ultimate comfort and feel.
- 12 inch design.
- Great design for pitchers.