*Note: products listed on Bases Loaded Softball are selected by our softball players, coaches, and team of enthusiast writers and editors. Buying softball products through our links may earn us a commission with no additional cost to you.
Softball Bags could almost be more important than the rest of your equipment. It’s sort of obvious that you need a premium-quality bag if you’re going to keep your bat, gloves, helmet, and the rest of your equipment in good shape. You don’t want a cheap, low quality bag holding your expensive bats and glove now, do you? So, if you’re looking for a bag to babysit all your equipment until you hit the field, we have just the products for you.
Easton Walk-Off IV
One of the most convenient and handy backpacks for softball and baseball players a like, the EASTON Walk-Off 4 is specially designed to accommodate players of all ages, from professional softball to amateur league softball. The bag has special pockets made for each equipment; the bottom shoe compartment, bat-holders on each side with elastic for firm attachment, the main pocket for easy access to all your goods, and an exterior holder for the helmet with easy clip-on. The finishing touch is the top, for keeping your personal belongings safe while you are on the pitch. Check out our full review on this backpack here.
- Made with 4200 polyesters ripstop to withstand mud, dirt, rain, and keeping gear game ready.
- Very durable and will withstand regular use without risk of tearing and ripping.
- Convenient space for all items removes the risk of dirty equipment, smell, etc.
- Ease of access and organization of equipment.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Rare faults in zips or hook.
Best Softball Bat Bag
Franklin Sports Youth Softball Bat Bag
If you feel like you’re on a budget, then this bag is perfect for you. Made especially for kids, this bag can hold softball, as well as tee ball equipment. With a nice hook to hang at your dug-out. It also has a lot of space, including a special bat compartment that can hold up to 3. Its equipped with both shoulder straps and a handler for ease in portability.
- Can hold basic equipment (bat, gloves, helmet, water bottle).
- Easy to handle for young children (7 to 12 years).
- Adjustable strap.
- Durable against weathering.
- Thin material and susceptible to tearing apart.
Best Softball Catchers Bag
Easton E900C Wheeled Catchers Bag
The design of the E900c does things a little differently as compared to regular softball bags. However, it’s still a premium quality product with extreme durability while enabling you to fill it with your gear, as well as multiple gloves, bags all at once. It’s also fitted with a wide set of tank wheels to easily move the bag. The pockets are vented to minimize odor and allow equipment to dry.
- Massive lockable zippers for maximum durability.
- Fence hooks at the bottom rail for dugout functionality.
- Single catcher bag with large capacity.
- Phone pocket for personal belongings.
- Gets dirty quite easily.
Easton E610CBP Catchers Bat Pack
This is another variant of the Easton bag mentioned above. This is an all-rounder bag that caters to holding catcher’s equipment, and then some. It has a slimmer look and takes advantage of its exterior strap fully, with padded strap adding to its comfortability. There’s also both front and side pockets as well as a vented compartment for cleats.
- Features two fully lined sleeves, negating the use of a second bag.
- Large capacity, heavy-duty design.
- Works with a large range of ages.
- The hook is susceptible to breaking.
Best Softball Backpack
EASTON GHOST – Fastpitch Softball Bat & Equipment Backpack Bag
A more patented build, protected from the top via a flap for applying face products, as well as a visor, headband, or bow. With a padded back, it is very comfortable and suited for both genders.
- Vented shoe compartment.
- Front pocket for team embroidery.
- Reversed 600D polyester for durable bagging.
- Tight-fitting which may be uncomfortable.
EASTON PROWESS Bat & Equipment Softball Backpack Bag
Another variant to the above product, the prowess edition features some quality changes. This includes a personal mirror that is under the top flap. The backpack also includes all the sport utility functionality you expect from Easton, including a fence hook and customizable buckle for a helmet or ball glove.
- Easy to clean.
- Durable fabric for all environments.
- The fence hook is hidden.
Best Softball Roller Bag
DeMarini Special Ops Wheeled Bag Series
The DeMarini Special Ops long enough to fit 34″ bats comfortably. The addition of a large main side compartment allows for extra storage. It also has an armored bat compartment with four individual padded sleeves to accommodate four to seven bats, protective adjustable compartments for gear, and a telescoping pull handle. The removable neoprene straps are breathable with a washable shoe compartment. The DeMarini Special Ops Wheeled Bag is truly one of the best rolling softball bag you can purchase.
- 4High-Quality wheels.
- Molded back and bottom to keep it from slumping.
- Has issues in stitching.
EASTON E610W Bat & Equipment Wheeled Bag
A product more professional, this comes equipped with rubberized zipper pulls and fence hook for smart gear storage and dugout functionality. It’s a fully loaded wheeled player bag designed to fit all equipment, including catcher’s gear. Full bottom rails and bracketed inline wheels provide strength, durability, and efficient transportation with a removable shoe pocket for adding your personal touch.
There are large top and side personal pockets, a removable shoe pocket for custom team embroidery, and a separate bat compartment that holds up to four bats. Youth players will feel like big-leaguers when they wheel this onto the dugout.
- Heavy-duty zippers.
- All your equipment in one bag.
- Holds everything without being bulky.
- The bottom is not covered.
EASTON TRAVELER Bat & Equipment Wheeled Bag
This stand-up wheeled bag combines the style and design of a backpack with the convenience of a wheeled bag. Easily transport your gear and use the fence hook to keep it organized at the dugout. The bag has sleeves to hold four bats, and two side pockets to keep your items easily accessible. The main compartment is vented and the separate vented cleat compartment has a fully removable panel for team embroidery. It’s also equipped with a collapsible handle travel from place to place and keep it nice and tidy.
- Highly customizable.
- Ideal size, not too big or small.
- Lots of room and pockets for putting things.
- Some pockets take up a lot of space.
Best Softball Equipment Bag
Rawlings Covert Player Duffle Bag
Ideal for players and teams, this red covert duffle bag is the perfect equipment bag to carry to practices and games with its two extra-long over-the-shoulder straps. With maximum storage, this bag features two bat sleeves and a large interior pocket, a mesh valuables pocket, and a breathable shoe compartment on one end. Its made of durable vinyl bottom material and 600D polyester main body material for optimal strength and reliability.
- Customizable thanks to the name card holder, number decal, and removable top panel with a horseshoe zipper that can be sent off for personalization
- A removable top panel that connects with a horseshoe zipper but can be removed and sent off for personalization.
- Huge storage for everything.
- Does not have wheels, makes transportation a bit difficult.
Best Softball Bags for Youth
EASTON GAME READY YOUTH Bat & Equipment Backpack Bag
A textile product, meaning that the features are uniform, and the chances of bad production are minimal. The Game Ready bag comes with a main compartment to fit the helmet and glove. It also has two mesh pockets for both bats and water bottles.
Similar to the product above, Easton is also allowing personal customizations, with a fence hook and rubber zipper pulls. The front pocket keeps personal items easily accessible and the padded back and should strap keep players comfortable on game day.
- The main pouch has a lot of room to spare.
- A variety of colors are available.
- Easy to carry.
- Few pockets are missing.
Franklin Sports MLB Batpack Bag
This bag is quite convenient and handy. It’s able to store everything you need for a game of softball from helmet, mask, gloves, cleats, to accessories. It also has space for two bats. Recommended for ages four and above, the design is very neat with a mesh for clearing out odor, convenient side pockets, water-resistant polyester. The zippered front pocket is ideal for keys, ID badges, and other small items.
- Available at low costs.
- Very easy to carry
- Plenty of compartments.
- The mesh part is small.
Louisville Slugger Youth Genuine Stick Pack Bat Pack
Intended for youth players, it is extremely comfortable to wear and carry to your softball meetups. The valuables pocket is quite secured, and you can rest easy. The shoulder straps are foam-padded. There is also a customization area for making your bag your own. One of the best features is its vast convenient space for putting all your equipment with space to spare.
- Still room for plenty of things.
- Heavy-duty zippers.
- A hook is convenient and easy to hang with.
- Side pockets have zipper tops, it means that the pocket itself goes into the bag.
Best Budget Option
Athletico Softball Bat Bag
Stay game ready with this bag. Comfort fit for everyone, from youth to teens. The ideal bag to get at such a low price. Each adjustable sports backpack boasts padded shoulder straps and lumbar protection, as well as built-in ventilation for cooling comfort. Designed with room for all your softball gear, our bags store two bats, a helmet, gloves, cleats, a cap, and a catching glove. The Athletico Bag is the best bag for softball if price is a concern.
- Designed with maximum storage capacity in mind.
- Durable fabric for all environments.
- Added features for extra convenience.
- Things tend to fall out when you are opening it (zipper opens up not down).
And for your a final round up, here is all the bags mentioned in this article sorted by price and availability: