It can be difficult to find the perfect pair of softball cleats, and even more challenging when you have plantar fasciitis. This common source of heel pain is caused by the inflammation of a thick band of tissue on the bottom pad of your foot that connects your heel to your toes, and its most common symptom is a stabbing pain in your heel.
Activities that put a lot of strain on your heel can cause the issue to flair-up and get worse, so when choosing a softball cleat for plantar fasciitis, it’s important to consider heel comfort and support. While there are no standard softball cleats on the market that are specifically made for players with plantar fasciitis, there are cleats that are much more suitable than others.
We’ve done the research for you, and compiled a list of the best softball cleats for plantar fasciitis, so all you have to worry about is playing the game and enjoying yourself out there on the field.
Here are the best softball cleats for plantar fasciitis for men:
1. Nike Huarache 2kFILTH PRO MCS MID
- Synthetic leather and TPU mesh for form-fitting durability.
- Lightweight Phylon midsole for cushioned comfort.
- Geometric divots create a slick surface that prevents dirt from clinging.
These Nike cleats are a five-star, fan favourite that is known for getting consistently positive customer reviews. If you’re looking to get high-quality softball cleats for a good value, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Nike Huarache. These cleats are made of synthetic leather and TPU mesh, meaning they form-fit to your unique foot shape. An ultra light Phylon midsole offers your foot maximum comfort, which is essential to players with plantar fasciitis. The geometric divots on this cleat also prevents dirt from sticking to your shoe.
2. Mizuno Men’s 9 Spike Advanced Erupt 3 Softball Cleat
- Groundgrip aggressive stud design provides enhanced traction
- Proflex allows for forefoot to flex through multi flex zones
- Full length midsole for maximum comfort
- Perfect for multiple sports
- Groudgrip works great on clay or turf fields
The Mizuno 9 Spike Advanced Erupt 3 is a diverse cleat suitable for all field surfaces. These cleats come with a full length midsole, providing comfort and support for your feet that will last the entire duration of gameplay. Mizuno’s Proflex technology lets your forefoot flex across multi flex zones, so that your foot an move naturally inside your cleats. This makes them a good option for players with plantar fasciitis—especially if you’re planning to use insoles (which is recommended). These cleats’ aggressive ground-grip studs also offers players superior traction on the field.
Here are the best softball cleats for plantar fasciitis for women:
1. Mizuno Women’s 9-Spike Advanced Sweep 2 Fastpitch Cleat
The Mizuno Women’s 9-Spike is made with metal spikes, giving it superior grip, while preventing dirt from sticking to the spikes. These cleats also come with a padded tongue, and a full-length midsole, meaning they’re made for optimal comfort and foot support. This pair of cleats is also designed specifically to help disperse impact away from your feet, so your feet take less of a beating, making them ideal for players with plantar fasciitis.
2. Under Armour Women’s Glyde RM Softball Cleats
- Engineered synthetic upper provides lightweight support
- Mesh ankle collar & tongue construction for increased comfort & breathability
- Full-length EVA midsole provides ultimate cushion, shock absorption & cleat dispersion
These cleats are not only extremely athletic, but designed in a way that promotes optimal foot comfort over multiple-hours of wear, making them the perfect choice for players with plantar fasciitis—especially those looking for great value in terms of cost. The Glyde RM’ come with a full-length Armourbound midsole, which cushions the foot and offers excellent shock absorption capabilities. This midsole protects your feet from high impacts and the fatigue you might experience after long hours of play. All-in-all, the Under Armour Glyde RM is an ideal pair of affordable cleats for players with platar fasciitis.
Why you should use insoles:
While it’s important to find the right pair of cleats to support your plantar fasciitis, it’s also recommended that you take the extra step of using shoe inserts or heel cups to maximize your heel’s comfort. Shoe inserts will help to raise your heel, and support the arch of your foot.
Superfeet BLACK, Thin Insoles for Orthotic Support in Tight Shoes, Dress and Athletic Footwear, Unisex, Black, Medium/D: 8.5-10 Wmns/7.5-9 Mens
- FIT PROFILE: Low volume / Low profile (Volume refers to the amount of space the insole will take up in your shoe. Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot)
- STABILIZER CAP: the reinforced rearfoot of the cap provides structure and support for our most flexible, low-volume insole
For shoe inserts, we recommend Superfeet Black Premium Insoles. These insoles are made in the USA, so you know that they’re of high quality. They have a low volume profile, meaning they won’t take up excessive amounts of space in your shoes, while still providing optimal support. These insoles also come with a heel cup already integrated into the insole, providing stabilization, comfort, and support for the heel.