*Note: products listed on Bases Loaded Softball are selected by our softball players, coaches, and team of enthusiast writers and editors. Buying softball products through our links may earn us a commission with no additional cost to you.
You have countless options when you’re looking for a slow pitch softball bat. And many of them can take your game to the next level.
But then there are those few bats that stand head and shoulders above the rest, and we think the Demarini Corndog is one of those bats.
If you’re interested in learning more about this bat and what it offers, keep reading!
The DeMarini Corndog is a unique bat. It has a thick handle, an end-loaded barrel, and a 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter. It’s not the kind of bat you’d see used by a college player or even most high school players. It’s a bat for someone who likes to swing wood bats and wants one with a really big sweet spot.
If you’re looking for a real wood bat with the best of both worlds, the DeMarini Corndog is for you. The 3-piece composite construction gives it a great pop at contact but doesn’t sacrifice any durability that comes from using maple or birch. The Corndog also features an end-loaded design to help create even more power when you need it most.
The bat features an evenly balanced design for better control during your swing through the zone—giving each batter the ability to put more force behind the ball when they make contact. This composite bat has been engineered for performance, making it ideal for players looking to take their game to new heights in 2021!
DeMarini 2022 Corndog Wood Composite Slowpitch Softball Bat
DeMarini 2022 Corndog Wood Composite Slowpitch Softball Bat is back by popular demand. The barrel of the Corndog is made from DeMarini’s Paradox+ Composite. This material provides a strong and very durable hitting surface. It also allows DeMarini to make the barrel wall much thinner than they would be able to with traditional wood bats. This thinner wall creates a trampoline effect that gives you more pop at contact. The handle of this bat is made from DeMarini’s SC4 Alloy, which adds some durability to the handle and helps keep weight in the barrel for better swing weight.
- This is the best wood composite softball bat from DeMarini.
- The barrel of this bat is made of composite material.
- This bat has got a ring-free barrel technology for increasing its performance.
- The handle of this bat is made of composite material as well.
- This bat has been approved by ASA, USSSA, ISA, NSA and ISF.
The pros and cons of DeMarini 2022 Corndog Wood Composite Slowpitch Softball Bat
- Made by DeMarini. The bat has a brand new look and a new feature, the D-LAB technology. DeMarini company has a reputation for making good quality products. The bat has a very good feel, and the grip feels nice on the hands. The bat can also be used as a power hitter, and if you like hitting home runs, this is an excellent bat for you.
- It is made for softball.
- It has a wood handle and composite barrel.
- It can be used in the game of slowpitch softball.
- It is a bat that is made to be used by anyone regardless of their position on the field.
- Meets all USSSA standards.
- It is a bat that will last a long time because it has been built to last.
- It can only be used in the sport of slowpitch softball since it is not approved for other types of sports or games.
- There have been some complaints about this bat cracking after just a few weeks or months of use, but these issues are a scarce and small number compared to the amount of bats sold.
2022 CORNDOG WOOD COMPOSITE SLOWPITCH BAT
The CORNDOG™ is a slowpitch player’s best friend. The CORNDOG is designed for players who want more mass and power behind the ball. The CORNDOG™ offers a massive sweet spot, allowing you to hit that ball a mile without sacrificing bat speed or control. The CORNDOG™ is made with our exclusive Wood Composite Technology, making it the most durable wood bat.
- END LOADED FOR POWER HITTERS: The Corndog™ features an extra ounce of end weighting, providing power for players who like to swing for the fences. The increased weight in the barrel also provides a more prominent sweet spot and enhanced power through impact.
- SOLID FEEL ON CONTACT: The Corndog™ is built with a Wood Composite Design, including a composite handle and wood barrel. The Wood Composite Design gives players a solid feel on contact while still providing the flexibility to meet various player needs.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: A maple design gives the Corndog™ its dependable durability, making it a durable option for softball players.
- A patented all-composite barrel provides a massive sweet spot with no “dead” spots.
- A proprietary composite that produces the feel of wood at contact with the ball.
- Vibration dampening technology (VDT™) removes sting and vibration upon contact with the ball.
- Approved for play in USSSA, NSA, ISA and ISF.
The pros and cons of the 2022 CORNDOG™ WOOD COMPOSITE SLOWPITCH BAT are listed below:
- High-quality ash material for consistent feel, performance, and durability;
- Multi-layered composite construction to create a more robust barrel, providing maximum pop with minimal weight.
- It is optimized for pro-level players by using a more balanced barrel design that creates a lighter swing weight for faster bat speed.
- Only available in 34” length (no 33” or 35” options)
- Price – This bat is in the higher price range, so it might not fit everyone’s budget.
- Corking – The composite handle can be corked to make the barrel heavier and give you more pop.
Simply put, the 2022 Demarini is an outstanding baseball bat that very few hitters will be able to resist. Many different factors go into constructing a baseball bat, but more than anything else, you want it to feel good in your hands. Like a perfect glove for a baseball player, you want it to feel like an extension of your arms when you swing. And the 2022 Demarini does this better than any other bat on the market. To better understand their quality, have a look at this.